Author: Thomas Tuch (Leibniz Institute for Tropospheric Research, TROPOS)
This software logs the data collected by a Thermo 5012 Multi-Angle Absorption Photometer, which is connected to a Windows PC via a serial cable where the software is running. The software consists of 3 programs running individually: 1) display the incoming data in strip charts for visual inspection and logging on storage; 2) aggregation of the data in hourly, properly formatted level 0 files; 3) scheduled upload of the data hourly to the EBAS near-real-time service.
The program for the scheduled FTP upload doesn't store the FTP account credentials for use after reboot. When setting up the software for automatic start after reboot (recommended), consider using an alternative FTP solution, e.g. a script in the language of your preference.
- PC running Windows (tested with Windows 7, should run on higher versions as well)
- LabView 2015 run-time library installed
- LabView serial port (VISA) drivers installed
- Download downloader for LabView 2015 run-time environment (LVRTE2015SP1_f7Patchstd_downloader.exe) to your DAQ PC, download the driver, and install it on your DAQ PC.
- Download downloader for LabView serial port driver (NIVISA1501full_downloader.exe) to your DAQ PC, download the driver, and install it on your DAQ PC.
- Download the ZIP package containing the software itself (20161007_TROPOS_MAAP_software.zip), and move it to your DAQ software folder.
- Follow the instructions in the manual (MAAP NRT V35 Manual.docx)